Elaine Williams shares these two recipes at Blissfully Domestic, I can’t wait to try them!
Need a great dessert in a hurry? These wonderful delights can each be whipped up in about 5 minutes if you have the ingredients.
Easy, Quick Frozen Fruit Sorbet
- 1 package frozen berries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender or processor. Process only until it is smooth and the pieces of fruit are broken up. It won’t take long so keep an eye on it.
- It is ready to eat! Enjoy it straight from the processor or freeze it to enjoy later. It will keep for 5-7 days in an airtight container.
Don’t have the heavy cream on hand for this recipe? Try this fat-free way:
Frozen Fruit Delight
- 1 package frozen berries in either a sugar syrup solution (strawberries are my favorite) or with 1/2 cup sugar added
- optional: 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring or a dash of pineapple fruit juice
- Process until smooth in blender or processor. It makes a creamy smooth dessert that has 0% fat and is very luscious. This semi-sorbet recipe works so well you’ll want to use it often.
- Garnish with a fresh sprig of mint if you have it.
These two desserts can always be relied upon to give you a quick, easy option for entertaining family or guests. The hardest part of these recipes is keeping the family from eating the frozen berries you are trying to keep on hand!
picture courtesy of lfb’s photostream